Elements4Life Striving For Excellence
So here we are writing an article about our own gym – Elements4Life (E4L Team Training Centres) in Gungahlin, Canberra.
Seems a natural thing to do since we live and breathe this business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and we want to share our vision to as many people as we can.
Making a difference takes effort and every person we impact in a positive way is worth it.
The Elements4Life journey so far for us has been an extremely exciting and challenging experience.
We feel we have grown as people, we have learnt a lot as coaches and we are grateful for all our members and friends that we have developed over the years.
When Erin and I started the first physical Elements4Life Gym (E4L Team Training Centre in Harrison, Gungahlin) in 2013-14 we had a clear PASSION for fitness.
Once we truly realised that we could make a bigger contribution to the industry and our community, we established our PURPOSE.
“Let’s start a gym based on honourable values, focused coaching and functional training ideology and change lives one by one.”
“If we build it they will come…”
<< How to get grey hairs very fast! >>
The fitness industry is no doubt saturated and very competitive and to stay relevant it takes a lot of work and dedication.
This is why we focus on value, programming, coaching principles and delivering fitness solutions.
Functional training protocols focusing on community, advanced technology and coaching.
No amount of hype or hollow promises will ever make up for short comings in genuine fitness solutions for the individual.
It is not an easy job however through evolution, technology and the forever developing skill set of our coaching we believe we can deliver great value and results to our members.
One thing we have learnt is that it is a two way street.
Communication and the open sharing of how we feel about life, our health and the universe seems to be the magic ingredient.
Unfortunately the message for sustainable health and longevity is still missing as people still fall for the allure of cheap gym deals, marketing hype, meaningless free trials and the dangers of “body conscious” marketing tactics.
We also feel there is a major lacking of mindfulness, key knowledge and education into what health actually is.
Are we in a state of blind ignorance?
Health and fitness is not fat loss and muscle gain.
Health and fitness is not instagram likes and six packs.
These things can make us feel good in moments however they will never be as valuable as better lifestyle behaviours, relationships of value and healthy routines.
Health and fitness is the cumulative effect of all that we do over an extended period of time.
A lifetime of behaviour!
Whether you want to minimise fat, develop lean muscle mass or maintain fitness, joining Elements4Life is a fantastic way to boost your health, develop your skills and eliminate stress.
This is what we do!
We own the business and we also run the business, keeping us in arms reach of our members needs.
Finding a reliable, well-equipped gym isn’t always easy however Erin and I have done our best to make sure everyone is welcome and given the best opportunity to thrive.
We take pride in our systems, although always improving them, and hope that with a focus on fundamentals, technique and communication people can establish healthy relationships with training and nutrition.
We also have a great Team Training program too with over 51+ different workouts, team challenges, strength cycles and more.
SmartTeam™ technology and PFI management is also being rolled out in 2019 and we know this is going to be a game changing event for not only our business however for every E4L team mate.
Establishing health lifestyles full of movement and good food surrounded by better people (#E4LTeam = Our Community) is our goal and when we add some adventure, fun and memorable experiences we believe we have a great product.
What Makes a Great Gym?
Let’s get real…
What makes an ideal gym will depend on your training age, skill level, confidence, and fitness goals.
Luckily we ensure all members partake in a fundamentals program from the start and we can then direct them to the right training package as we cater for all levels.
Structured Effective Programs:
- E4L Team Training (up to 16 people)
- Focus Personal Training (Individuals)
- Focus Small Group Training (up to 4 people)
- X-Treme30 (Higher Level Training)
- InBody Intensives (4 Week Intensives)
- 8 Week Challenges (Linear Progression)
- 12 Week Training Programs (Individual Change Program)
- Customised Programs (Individuals & Groups)
There are a few key factors that can be considered in choosing the right gym.
- Gym Equipment. The equipment in a gym can make or break your experience, overall results and routine. Elements4life has the best functional equipment available as well as a series of functional machines, lifting platforms and cardio equipment. You can also train at anytime during business hours with private access. E4L has all the toys such as Kettlebells, Dumbbells, Barbells, Squat Racks and Torsion Bars. Lots of floor space and supported by SmartTeam™ coaching Technology.
- Coach Knowledge. Do you want a trainer or a coach? Do you know the difference? Trainers float around the room delivering a pre-prescribed program without the required skillset, qualifications or desire to support your development. The fitness industry is very lax on qualifications and many gyms only hire low level entry certifications as they cost less to hire. The result of this is dire. Coaches however are knowledgeable, passionate and have dedicated their lives to the industry. A genuine desire to be better and improve not only their own skill set however the results of their clients. Everyone deserves a supportive qualified coach. All coaches at Elements4Life are Cert IV or higher and must demonstrate, practice and live health inside and outside of the gym. They must also align with our company values with a long term vision for growth.
- Value & Affordability. A gym membership can either be cheap with the minimum set industry value (do it yourself ideology) or it can be more niche orientated with a focus on the individual, coaching and community. What is your experience worth? The cost should be reflected in the quality of staff, delivered value, community and overall atmosphere. You need to determine what your health, mental and physical, is worth to you. Surrounding yourself with strength.
- Supportive. A great gym should meet your unique requirements and support your goals. It should challenge you as well and give you confidence in your training. Whether that’s specific training programs, working out on your own or simply a flexible membership and pricing options based on your circumstances. In the end the training needs to be enjoyable, effective and sustainable.
- Positive Atmosphere. Nothing worse than being considered just a number, part of a herd, a sardine and one amongst many without a voice. Working out can be horrible if the gym’s atmosphere makes you uncomfortable. Mirror staring, phone watching, pack mentality, bad energies and attitudes, commercial TV’s everywhere and let’s call out those stereotyped gym members that can be a little bit creepy. The community and energy of a place can be real deal breakers. All comes down to what you will tolerate. What is your sanity and gym experience worth?
Want To Be Part of Something Bigger & Better?
Community is everything and if you feel like you can walk into your gym without being judged and you feel confident to participate then you are in the right place. Programming and coaching can only go as far as how you feel.
- Does the environment support healthy training ideals and routines?
- Do you want to train for something specific?
- Are you learning something new about yourself every-time you participate?
- Are you part of a supportive community?
- Are you being challenged with the programming and training?
- Are you improving?
- Are you actually enjoying it and showing up?
- Do the coaches say hello to you and ask you how you feel?
- Does the gym cater specifically for what you need?
Sometimes it takes two to tango and Erin and I know first hand it is not always easy to cater to the needs of new members as we have to go through the discovery stage of getting to know them and finding out their personal issues, desires and fitness goals.
The more we communicate, improve our systems and ask the right questions we feel we are getting closer to supporting each and every member we have.
Getting closer to a gym network we can be truly proud of, a gym network that delivers real time fitness solutions to everyone that walks through the door.
We love what we do, we love the challenge and we look forward to continuing our journey of life and fitness with our E4L Community.
If you need something more specific, a different result, a better result, a bigger push, or a gentle pull then please let us know and lets work out a plan together and get it done!
Thanks for reading this article.
We hope it gives you some insight to who we are and what we hope to achieve.
Sab & Erin
Elements4Life | E4L Team Training Centres
Canberra & Gungahlin Gyms